On Friday 03 March 2006 11:44, Ralf Gerlich wrote:
> That is EDDF, Frankfurt/Main Intl airport.
>
> However, Frankfurt/Main may be interesting nonetheless regarding scenery
> objects. As I know Ingrid ;-), she'll target more than "just" Wiesbaden
> and therefore we'll probably also do Frankfurt (or at least part of
> that, as time permits).
>
> I know there has been some discussion going on on the German Flightgear
> Forum at http://flight-gear.de/ regarding objects in the Frankfurt/Main
> area, but I currently don't know how far they got and whether these
> objects are already in Jon's DB.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf

Did you say Frankfurt? :)

Julien is working on a program called svg2ac.  The other day, we did an
experiment generating the Frankfurt airport out of an FAA's airport diagram
using this program.

http://flamebunny.homelinux.net/pics/EDDF.jpg

As you can see, there are still some bugs that need to be ironed out, and
Julien could use some help in this area.  But once everything works properly,
buildings' size and placement would be accurate down to the meter.

This should cut down your work considerably, I would imagine. ;)

Ampere