--- Thomas Förster <> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 10. März 2006 13:32 schrieb Pigeon:
> >     As we know, we have some FG docs and tips online written by many
> > people, and then there's the seedwiki site. And now we have a bug
> > tracker (i always liked one btw).

<snip>

> Regarding documentation I can also offer to broaden the portal I set up.
> It's
> a full blown content management system including workflow and fine
> grained
> permissions.

Consolidating our docs is a good idea. However, I firmly believe the
correct place for such information is The Manual (aka The Getting Started
Guide), as it is delivered with every release, and is available in both
PDF and HTML.

Since the last release, I've already added information on Multi-player,
carrier operations, festival, multiple displays and tutorials. You can
find a copy of the latest version here:

http://www.nanjika.co.uk/flightgear/getstart.pdf

Most of this information has been copied from other sources such as the
wiki, for which I would like to say thanks to the authors. However, it
would be great if we could move to updating the guide directly as the
primary source or such information, rather than ending up with
duplication, or having to play catch-up.

I'm happy to do the dogsbody work of converting plain text to Latex, for
those not familiar with it, or without access to the docs CVS build
environment.

Regards,

-Stuart

P.S. Yes, I know that the HTML version of the manual on the FG website is
now quite out of date. We/I should get that sorted for the new release.