Hi Rob,

There are places in the "desert" that are quite green due to farming and irrigation. Just look at the area south of Palm Springs around the Salton Sea, a by-product of the water runoff from intense irrigation. Go a few mile ease towards Blythe and all you have are sun-bake rocks and alkali flats till you reach the Colorado.

Annual rains also will result in the desert blooming for a few weeks before returning to its more persistent state. Of course, compared to the Sahara or the Gobi, the Sonoran desert is an oasis of flora and fauna, but I digress :-)

Thanks, Rob for taken the time and working on the textures. They are a marked improvement.

Regards
John W

Rob Oates wrote:

Hi John,
I tried to address the sand textures a few releases ago, the current sand textures are from Tuson Arizona, these appear greenish. I'll try re-making new ones based off of samples from new mexico, which are a little more reddish.

-Rob