For example Dyce EGPD to Edinburgh EGPH does not take 1 hour and if you look
at the ftp://weather.noaa.gov/data/observations/metar/stations/  site and
view their weather data they are totally different.
So being able to choose when the the system updates would be much better as
you could easily be within range of a different weather station.

Regards,
Justin smithies