hello,

i've written perl script to build flight plans in fgfs
http://seb.marque.free.fr/fichiers/scripts/perl/plandevol-eng

the goal was to make a very light single file appli to give enough informations to go from a point to another following a route composed by navaids. it includes the sid and star procedures with the good files installed (the xpgoodway.com team let us the use of them) in $FGROOT/Navaids/, the correction for slave deviation of NAV, can write the route in a file usable by --flight-plan option of fgfs, use $FGROOT environnement variable, and different things like that (./plandevol-eng --help for help).

It doesn't care about fuel consumption, ete/eta, either wind correction.

I worked as I could to translate it in english but maybe some of you will consider my english as sh... ;)

ok this is a point. an other point is that I submitted this script in the AVSim/FlightGear forum and i've been asked to translate it from perl to nasal, to be used directly in the fgfs frontend. as i am very new in nasal, i'm trying to learn all functions yet implemented in nasal from fgfs sources. but it will take a while (as i'm not a programmer too), so if anybody is ok to help, it would be with great pleasure ;)

yet another point! i've made this other script to help me in the choice of the airport to reach. indeed it shows the airports which are on a circle around my aircraft (in this script, comments are only in french, sorry):
http://seb.marque.free.fr/fichiers/scripts/perl/ballade

maybe it could be cool to implement this in nasal too.

all of these scripts are under gpl license off course.

bye
seb