On Friday 07 April 2006 07:56, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> * Lee Elliott -- Friday 07 April 2006 00:31:
> > now all we need from everyone else is a decision on
> > 'agl-hold' vs. 'terrain-follow'.
>
> Okay. I flipped a coin, and agl-hold won!  :-P
>
> No, seriously: If nobody objects I will tomorrow switch all
> remaining occurrences of terrain-follow to agl-hold in generic
> FlightGear files (but not in maintained aircraft, unless the
> maintainer wishes so). Rationale:
>
>  - $FG_ROOT/Aircraft/Generic/generic-autopilot.xml uses
> agl-hold - $FG_ROOT/gui/dialogs/autopilot.xml uses agl-hold
> (and did before my changes) - all /autopilot/locks/altitude
> options end with "-hold". (all heading options, too, except
> "wing-leveler", which is understandable)
>
> Only $FG_ROOT/keyboard.xml and these aircraft use
> "terrain-follow" in at least one *.nas or *.xml file:
>
>  - AN-225
>  - BAC-TSR2
>  - A-10
>  - B-52F
>  - YF-23
>  - seahawk
>  - MiG-15
>  - TU-114
>  - Hunter
>  - CanberraBI8
>
> m.

Apart from the Hunter, which Vivian did, and the seahawk, which
Vivian has done a lot of work on, the others were all done by
me.  A simple search & replace on 'terrain-follow' /should/ work
but will result in some funny property node names.

I'll go through them manually and get updates out.

Vivian: do you want to do the seahawk or shall I?  I guess we
need to rationalise the seahawk anyway.

LeeE