Steve Hosgood wrote:

Curtis L. Olson wrote:

My vote is to build it with sdl. For 99.9% of the people out there, sdl will work just fine and they won't be able to tell the difference, and for the other 0.1%, freeglut won't work anyways because they never actually implimented glut's game mode.

Curt.

SDL is indeed shipped with FC5, but punters would have to load their own from http://www.libsdl.org/ if they want to run FlightGear with SDL on a Fedora Core earlier than that.

I have now got a Fedora Core 4 RPM of FlightGear compiled with SDL rather than freeglut. It will run on FC5 too (I think). I'd appreciate if anyone out there with FC5 would load it and give it a test.

It's called "FlightGearSDL" and is on the same FTP site as my other 0.9.10 offerings: ftp://tallyho.bc.nu/pub/steve/flightgear/FlightGearSDL-0.9.10-0.FC.i386.rpm

Please would all the mirror-site operators grab a copy?

It would be useful if the FlightGear website download page points out that:
FC2 people have to run the freeglut version.
FC3 people have to run the freeglut version.
FC4 people can run either (but will have to get a copy of the SDL RPM from the FC4 updates site if they want to run the SDL version).
FC5 people can only run the SDL version due to trouble with freeglut 2.4

SRPMs coming soon.
Thanks in Advance.
Steve