On Saturday 06 May 2006 03:39, Major A wrote:
> John,
>
> > Interesting...
> >
> > I'm about to delve into XPlane and have zero understanding regards how
> > the third party plugins or datarefs work.

I don't know what happened to my reply with all the SF mailing list troubles
but ...

If we write a proxy app that actually emulates the X-Plane plugin
interface/API we can :

1. Not need X-Plane or a second computer
2. Use both the IVAO and VATSIM networks with the XSquawkBox clients
3. Be cross platform (Mac, Linux and Win32) since the XSquawkBox clients run
on all three
4. Still be using a network approved client

a.k.a.   VATSIM/IVAO <=> XSquawkbox <=> proxy app <=>  FlightGear

The proxy app to FlightGear side would be a piece of cake to code - only the
X-Plane interface emulation would be a trick.

Paul