..could also be your Wintendo setups.  You might wanna fetch a
lightweight distro like http://damnsmalllinux.org/ (50MB for
creditcard size cds) and use that to fetch and burn FGLiveCD.

Hey Arnt, just an observation.... I've noticed that alot of *nix users will "dis" Windows at almost every opportunity but I don't nearly as many Windows
users "dis'ing" *nix... have you noticed this ?

nothing meant by it...just an observation.... ;-)

I have a Windows 2000 system (updated with latest service packs including Nero) that would never burn a cd reliably, even if the md5 was verified, and even if I didn't use the machine while burning/ preparing to burn. (An Athlon 1 Ghz with lots of disk space).

I finally just gave up wasting cd-rs and download/burn everything on a mac os x system where I NEVER have a problem. (although I've never had any problems downloading on a linux system either. I never tried actually burning under linux). You could always try CD-RW, at least you wouldn't waste CD-Rs, but I don't know if that would solve the issue or if your drive supports burning them.

To download via BitTorrent:

You first need to download a BitTorrent application: see <http:// www.bittorrent.com/>. Here's information about the BitTorrent protocol from wikipedia: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bittorrent>

To get the latest FGLive cd, you download this file: <http:// pigeond.net/flightgear/fglive-0.1-linuxtag.torrent>

and then open it in BitTorrent -- in mac os x, you just drag the .torrent file onto the BitTorrent app's icon -- (and hopefully find a seed, there're 3 at the moment).

I've only used BitTorrent to download FGLive so I'm no expert. I think the idea is once you've downloaded fglive, you should try to keep running BitTorrent for a bit to allow others to grab a copy of the fglive cd image you just downloaded. Please don't move or delete the image file while your doing this!

I hope this helps...

Best regards,

Ima