Hi Martin, I can safely say that that one passed over me about 5,000ft ASL, I'll take your word that it's not a viable option... it was just a suggestion....

:-D ene

From: Martin Spott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] FGBenachmark; Was: ..FGLiveCD boot workaround
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 11:06:54 +0000 (UTC)

"dene maxwell" wrote:
> Just an idea Martin... A FGLive type ISO with programs that will benchmark
> the hardware only....

The FGBenchmark package was meant to compare performance not only under
different setups of the same operating system and architecture (say
Linux on x86) but to compare different arcitectures as well.
So I put 'fgfs'binaries for different systems (Linux, FreeBSD,
Solaris/sparc, Solaris/x86, IRIX) into a package and made a start
script that determines which binary to run.

Putting this chooser into a shell script is easy as you can use the
'uname' command to differ between operating systems and architectures
one you have a running operating system.
Putting different boot loaders for different architectures onto one
Live-CD is almost impossible,

        Martin.

Need a new job? Check out XtraMSN Careers http://xtramsn.co.nz/careers