On Wednesday 14 June 2006 16:14, bsupnik wrote:
> - Pre-clipping puts more burdon on content creation tools (by requiring
> them to have robust clipping to save the data) whereas not requiring
> pre-clipping puts more work on data consumers.

Where are you thinking of saving the clipped data?
Back into apt.dat (heaven forbid!) or straight to a scenery format?
If we had to store the clipped data to apt.dat file the file will become
massive and the editor tools would have to be very complex to handle the
data. In essense TaxiDraw would become a 3D modeler for airports.

Saving overlapping layouts is going to be a lot cleaner. I'd rather see the
clipping done at scenery build time or simulator run time much like the way
it's handled at the moment.
If you're worried about layers becoming lost under others in the editor tools
it wouldn't be hard to flag them for removal. Just check if any layer is
totally covered by others and notify the user of the problem.

Paul