Hi all,

the heli simulation is almost complete for beta testing. Every thing
except the vortex-state-detection and the interface to the yasim-engines
is working now (the engine is simulated rather simplified, but is
working). The feeling is quite different to the "old" simulation (and I
hope more realistic). I just have to strip some debug-stuff and to write
the documentation. Then I will publish the code.

While debugging the downwash effects on stabs I found a bug in yasim
(and therefore the root cause for the non working stabs). The patch I
posted some weeks ago was nonsense. The result of this was not a working
stab, it was such a high parameter for the drag, that the drag of the
gear rises to a value similar to the total drag of the helicopter. The
stabs had no effect at all. As a bug in yasim all stabs/wings without
control-surface-subelements have no aerodynamical effect (not only in
rotor-simulation. It's the same for fixed wing aircrafts). For every
stab/wing: the outermost part of the wing up to the first
control-surface-subelement as well as the innermost part up to the last
control-surface-subelement is ignored. The bug is in the wing::compile()
function in wing.cpp. In the boundary collection the tip and the base of
the wing/stab are missing.
Another problem was, that a stab in stall condition is not producing any
force perpendicular to the surface (in yasim). I have looked into some
naca publications where I found, that in stall the lift is reduced to
about 20..30%, but not to zero. The effect was visible in hover. The
stabs in the downwash were producing no force. I have coded patches for
both problems and will publish them with the rotor-code.

@Melchior:
-do you have a sample of the sound, the bo produces when flown through
narrow turns (I would call this a "flapping sound")?. If yes:  the
simulation generates a property "stall" for every rotor. Playing this
sample with a volume generated by this parameter and a sampling rate by
the rotor-rpm should sound quite realistic.
-it seems, that the rpm-meter is limited to 100%. Due to autorotation,
the rotor-rpm exceeds this value sometimes.
-the speed-indicator seems to indicate not only the fraction in the
x-direction. I do not know, how the real thing works, but I assume, that
it only shows the x-fraction (and only if it is positive).
-I will add an torque-property for the torque-meter (is on my todo-list)

Best regards,
Maik