"Curtis L. Olson" wrote:

> So anyway, I'm looking for suggestions on the best flight controllers
> available so these can be offered optionally with the computer package.

Unfortunately the sort of equipment they'd like to bundle with
FlightGear is not the same as Joe Average somehow FlightGear-
contributor or at least -enthusiast is able to afford.
If I had the chance to do so then I'd go out for a set of console,
radio stack, pedals and power quadrants manufactured by FlightLink.

>From my understanding these guys really took the route for maximum
reality in the PeeCee flightsim sector - especially the mechanics of
their pedals appear to make much sense. Unfortunately there's no
reseller whom you could visit for a trial and as a complete set that
represents the equipment for a small, IFR-equpipped twin costs you
about 6k USD I don't see any chance to get hold of such a set in the
future (for this money I'd try to get a twin rating for real life ...).

The CH controls I had the ability to get my hands on all have one
significant drawback as they are centered by an almost linear spring
load.

Cheers,
        Martin.