I've seen a request on JSBSim development list for performance prediction
capability.
I was wondering if somebody has started a project to develop a Flight
Management System for flight gear

Actually I am getting an Airbus A340 ready and that would be of important use
http://sfp1.site.voila.fr/flightgear/340_500.png

Actually more modern airliners are handled through this piece of equipment than
anything else.

 If something is underway it could be nice to separate the core computational
part (flight plan, performance ...) from the cockpit interfaces since this is
really the main difference between manufacturers.

 If not that could be something to start thinking about (see PMDG products and
their great FMS)