Hi,

on windows flightgear open a extra console window for the text output.
When flightgear ends this window is closed regardless if there is any
info the user might want to read (e. g. error messages of the xml
parser). On windows you can not write thies messages to a file by "fgfs
some_parameters>file" the messages are not written to file, because they
are not written to standard output but to the extra window. (the extra
window is necessary, because you can do not need to start it from a
console window. I googled, if it is possible to detect, if flightgear is
started by a console and use than this for the output, but it seems,
that this is not possible ?!?
Therefore I added
#ifdef _MSC_VER
        cerr << "Hit a key to continue..." << endl;
        cin.get();
#endif
to function
void fgExitCleanup()
but now it waits on every exit of flightgear. How can I detect, if a
problem occurred? (can I query the exitcode ?)

Maik