On Friday 06 October 2006 12:31, Geoff Air wrote:
> Friday, 06 October 2006.
>
> Minor change to avoid (MSVC8) debug assertion
>
> Oops - While running FG in Debug mode, to check some
> other code, I get a debug assertion in groundnetwork.cxx,
> which stops me getting to the code I want to
> see ;=((
>
> A minor change in the order of the while()
> statements fixes this - output with diff -u

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for reporting. Incidently, I found out just yesterday that these while
loops were causing the majority of memory corruption problems that I have
been chasing for about two weeks.

I have rewritten these loops, and tested the new code with positive results. I
still saw some relatively minor problems with the new AI code, but
considering that the new fixed code runs so much more stable that the old
version, I'll probably submit the fixes I have made sofar to CVS tonight.

Cheers,
Durk