Mathias Fröhlich schrieb:

My feedback:

1. with your FlightGear OSG patch all compiled well (compiled the
original OSG before and got  "data" errors when running FG)

2. System: OpenSuse 10.1 x86_64, Nvidia hardware accelerated driver,
AMD64 3700, 1GB RAM, Nvidia 6600GT 256 MB

3. FlightGear OSG version tests (only short, not much time now :-/  )
3.1 FG  starts and runs well the default KSFO scenery with the 172p Cessna
3.2 At first sight all seems to display well except two cockpit display
errors (Z-buffer problem???) and one outside view transparency error
3.3 Framerate at least the same as with the plib version
3.4 My home made Bremen scenery works well with the Cessna, no problems
3.5 My home made new EDLA scenery does NOT work
       FG starts normal, a black window is displayed with no outside view
       FG menu works normal, all menu windows display and work as requiered
       FG engine in the background seems to work perfectly, all commands
given through GUI, even reset work well, but black window
       FG can be exited in normal way, so far no problem
       EDLA scenery is a more a3D workload for the graphic output system
but not excessive, many objects to display, although with plib
framerrates on my system are between 45 and 85. If helpful as a testbed,
I could mail you this Beta-version

4. Please excuse, heavy workload on my daily job, have to go to bed now
as midnight.
    But wanted to give back this feedback, more to come tomorrow evening
*if wished*

5. Screenshots - if helpful - to be uploaded tomorrow evening on my
homepage as feedback for you

6. Thank you very much for this all! I am no core developer but all OSG
sample programs show me that OSG is the way for FG to run in the future!

Georg EDDW