Hi,
Magus schrieb:
> Hello All,
>   I would like to know:
>
>   a) What's the preferred Windows CVS tool?

Don't know. I am using cygwin cvs, but there is wincvs, which could be
easier to use/install.
>   b) How do I find and access your CVS repository?

It's summarized on several places, e. g. in the pdf documentation 'how
to build flightgear with cygwin' :fgfs_cygwin.pdf
>   c) Is the code in the repository compatible with M$'s V8 compilers?

yes
>   d) What do I have to have from the repository in order to compile it
>      with M$'s V8 tools and end up with a working FS?

look in the wiki (http://wiki.flightgear.org), there is a link to a
"howto" by olaf flebbe. Please keep in mind, that we have a major update
in the cvs (from plib to osg, the 3D-library), but most of this
documentation is written for the old plib code (which still can be found
in cvs:  "cvs up -rPRE_OSG_PLIB_20061029" ). On top of the page you can
find, how to compile the osg-version, but read the complete page first.
>   e) If I extract the contents of fgfs-win32-20061024.zip and
>      data.tar.gz to a different FlightGear directory than the one
>      setup by FGFS 0.9.10 can I copy the missing contents e.g. fgadmin
>      and the other programs in the /bin/win32 directory to the new
>      directory and have a fully working copy of FG?

There is a version check, that will fail if you use the 9.10 data
directoriy. It's easier to get the data directory directly from cvs.
>   I hope I'm not being too much of a pain in the behind with all these
>   questions and your answers will be much appreciated, yes even the
>   flames as long as they contain some information I don't know.

Maik