On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Chris Metzler wrote:

> Heh.  Was getting my speed from the property browser.

I was a bit worried that you were stalling it around. =)

> Well, 70 knots is about 130 km/h, so I guess that's right.  It seems
> *so* slow though; I was in constant fear of stalling if I did anything
> interesting . . .although I just read the Wikipedia page, and it
> appears that's a needless fear.

You must mean this (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonov_An-2):
        If the engine quits in instrument conditions (blind flying when you
        can't see the ground) or at night, the pilot should pull the
        control column full aft (it won't stall) and keep the wings level.
        The leading-edge slats will snap out at about 40 mph (64 km/h), and
        when the airplane slows to a forward speed of about 25 mph [40
        km/h], the airplane will sink at about a parachute descent rate
        until the aircraft hits the ground.
(That actually works in the sim)

Yurik:
There is something funny with the propeller pitch control. I can't get it
to the minimun 17" pitch except with idling engine. (looking at
/engines/engine/thruster/pitch) And at start-up, the propeller is set to
max pitch. (Pitch control may go backwards and depends on engine rpm)
Perhaps that explains the start-up problems with a 136" prop? It acts like
some kind of constant-rpm propeller. But the AV-2 is a plain variable pitch
propeller -- I mean the pilot sets the pitch directly? No fancy stuff there?