Guess I'll  jump in too with my two cents....

I have OSG and FlightGear CVS installed and kind of running -- at least
it starts ;-) but have not had any time in the past week and a half to
go any further.  But I have to take Andy's side on this one,  not so
much based on technical issues (all with merit), but the idea that it
really wasn't ready for prime time.

If this had been a commercial development and the product had been
released in this state,  we would all be updating our resumes at this
point...

To move FG/OSG to the head of the class and stipulating no work on the
plib branch seemed a bit dictatorial to me and not in keeping with the
philosophy of open-source development.  If OSG is superior in
performance, ease of development, features, etc then it needs to win
that argument based on the principal of natural selection. And those
advocating its selection need to endure the pain of dual paths and
double work until the existing plib head shrivels and dies from
user/developer apathy.

Regards
John W.