Heiko Schulz wrote:

>I mean not to stop the work on OSG - far from it!
>
>But if we want FlightGear and OSG to get better we
>need users - and we get them only with a next release.

With OSG in the state it's in, we can't go testing it on the users. If
we did, we won't *have* any users before too long!

>The currently version is a good one with very few
>bugs.
>There are much improvements done since april. For me
>important: framerates are stable, the helicopter fdm
>is more realistic than MSFS's, nice route manager
>(could be the cutting edge for a FMS)- every day I'm
>flying with FG I got more fun.
>
>I would vote for a next release - a pre-OSG release!
>;-)

Agreed, a release of all the things that are working, but for now at
least, no OSG.
I don't know what Curt uses as a metric for deciding if a new release
should happen, but the time delay between the current 'stable' and the
previous one was about two years - too long I'm sure. People out there
start assuming that a project is *dead* if it doesn't release new
versions within living memory!

Having said that, getting a release together is hard work for the team.
It shouldn't be done unless there's a good reason.
Steve