I think you will need at least libjpeg-devel and giflib-devel.  giflib-devel is the one I hit which wasn't installed by default on fedora.

Curt.

On 11/12/06, John Wojnaroski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mathias Fröhlich wrote:

>On Friday 10 November 2006 19:28, John Wojnaroski wrote:
>

>>Frederic Bouvier wrote:
>>

>>>Quoting John Wojnaroski :

>>>This is mandatory in any case. FlightGear and SimGear should match.
>>>

>>OK,  after a bit of thrashing I've got a version of FG-OSG built, but
>>segfaulting when loading aircraft. Started with the basic c172
>>
>>[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local/FlightGear$ ./c172
>>expected 'data <number>' at line 99
>>expected 'data <number>' at line 138
>>expected 'data <number>' at line 177
>>expected 'data <number>' at line 216
>>expected 'data <number>' at line 255
>>expected 'data <number>' at line 294
>>expected 'data <number>' at line 1079
>>expected 'data <number>' at line 1352
>>expected 'data <number>' at line 1768
>>expected 'data <number>' at line 1886
>>./c172: line 9: 30270 Segmentation fault      /usr/local/bin/fgfs
>>--fg-root=/usr/local/FlightGear --bpp=32 --airport=KSFO --aircraft=c172p
>>--disable-panel --disable-random-objects --visibility=55000
>>--disable-clouds ./c172: line 11: --native-ctrls=socket,in,30,,5700,udp:
>>command not found [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local/FlightGear$
>>

>That looks like what I had with the osg release version without the patches
>from
>
> ftp://ftp.uni-duisburg.de/FlightGear/Misc_maf/OpenSceneGraph-20061108
>
>Did you take a plain release?
>

>>Do you need an updated base package and aircrat files as well?  Again.
>>can't seem to find any reference on the website download section other
>>than those for the stable releases...
>>

>No not yet.

Don't recall exactly from where I download the patched OSG.  I might not
have been the link called out on the wiki site.  So started with a fresh
update from there and the latest cvs versions of SG and FG.

Looks like there are some missing libraries....

make[3]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/src/OSG_OP_OT-1.2-Flightgear/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/jpeg'
make[4]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/src/OSG_OP_OT-1.2-Flightgear/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/jpeg/Linu
x32.Opt'
g++ -M -I../../../../include   ../ReaderWriterJPEG.cpp  pipeto
.depend/ReaderWriterJPEG.cpp
../ReaderWriterJPEG.cpp:50:25: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory
../ReaderWriterJPEG.cpp:51:24: jerror.h: No such file or directory
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/OSG_OP_OT- 1.2-Flightgear/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/jpeg/Linux
32.Opt'

Hmmm,  I'm on a different machine with this try.  I was able to build,
load, and start FG on my laptop with the correct release, but it was
terminated somewhere while loading scenery.   Looks like a problem with
the operator at this end; need to sync this machine with the libraries
on the laptop...

I'll be back...

Regards
John W.

Curtis Olson - University of Minnesota - FlightGear Project
http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/   http://www.humanfirst.umn.edu/  http://www.flightgear.org
Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d