Didier Fabert wrote:

>this page is very interesting
>http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-violation.html
>
>i understand that if we think there is a gpl violation, we must write to them
>at [EMAIL PROTECTED] they know if it's a violation or not !
>
>regards

True, but ultimately it becomes the obligation of the copyright holder
to take legal action, and only that individual or organization is
legally entitled to do that; i.e. Curt Olson or members who have
contributed to the project.

The more of these details that you have, the easier it is for the
copyright holder to pursue the matter.

Once you have collected the details, you should send a precise report to
the copyright holder of the packages that are being misused. The
copyright holder is the one who is legally authorized to take action to
enforce the license.

The FSF might offer assistance, but the ball is in our court ( -2pts for
bad pun )

When dealing with ebay -  buyer beware.  So far, it looks like two poor
souls have bought the item.

One could try some technical means to secure/protect the software, but
such measures might be far to draconian and create more problems and
admin nightmares.   And pursuing the matter through legal channels takes
time, energy, and money.   I just don't see any practical solution to
prevent this sort of disception.

Regards
John W.