Curtis Olson wrote:
> On 11/28/06, *Ron Jensen* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     And this is the biggest argument against forums.  They're only
>     accessable when the server is up
>

> This is similar with email lists ... you can only post and receive
> postings when the list server is running and configured correctly, and
> unfortunately, sourceforge seems to have more than it's fair share of
> downtime and issues.
>

>     and its impossible to archive them locally.
>

> That is true, but the posts get indexed and archived by google, and we
> all trust google with our lives, right? :-)
>
> Curt.

Hi,
Had a look....registered....would like to give it a go....

I like the local archiving of posts using a mailing list and agree the
forum format is only as reliable as the server, but then again, so is
the mailing list...

I like the overall view of the different topics.. for me, mailing list
posts are a bit of a quandary, is scenery development  a user or
developers topic... the forum format makes it very easy to choose
... yes I like it!

Dene
NZWN
(scenery developer)