>I know our development culture is built around mailing lists.  I'm sure the
>FlightGear community will be decisively split between forums versus mailing
>lists if I ask people's preferences ... so I'm not expecting a consensus
>here.  Is this anything that is worth exploring?

I'd also hate to look in two places.  On the other hand, changing how we
present the mailing list archives so they look like a forum _and_ allow
replying if you have logged in ... would be really useful.  Logging in
implies an account whose email address has been verified in the same way
that mailman does.  So it can't be used for spamming unless you could
easily have spammed with the mailman list system.

---