Quoting Melchior FRANZ :

> But we *do* already have a way to include files anywhere in the XML
> file. But the contents aren't *inserted* there, but put under a node:
>
>   <foo include="bar.xml"/>
>
> This adds the contents of "bar.xml" under the node foo/. One could
> now declare one property name 'void', which would mean that this isn't
> meant to become a node itself, but the contents of "bar.xml" would
> just be inserted in place of it:
>
>   <null include="bar.xml"/>
>
> Or
>
>   <_ include="bar.xml/>     :-)    OK, too obscure ...

I am still unclear about what you want to achieve, but the current syntax allows
to remap the included PropertyNode to another name.

If you want to have the content of the included PropertyNode that replace the
content of a node, that if another behavior, why not using a syntax like this :

   <foo replaced-by="bar.xml"/>

Anyway, the new semantic should be represented by a new attribute and not by a
reserved node name, because node names are free ( with the exception of the
root one ) and attributes are all fixed in the current scheme.

-Fred

--
Frédéric Bouvier
http://frfoto.free.fr                      Photo gallery - album photo