It hasn't been mentioned in this particular thread, but there is a function in
plib called the tween controller that does morphs.  I looked at it a bit when
doing the Wright Flyer.  IIRC there was an issue regarding the way the
callbacks were done that made it a problem defining the multiple branches that
were required establish the banks of vertices to morp between.  But probably I
just didn't spend enough time on it.

Anyway, the logic of morphing vertices would only require that all the branches
in the model that defined the various positions to be morphed between would
have the same vertex count and order.  You'd need a way to define the values
(interpolation points) that each branch represented, then go from there.  In
the simplest form you would have two sets of wings in the model (each wing
version being a sg branch).  For each side of the aircraft the "wing version"
that is bent all the way up would be assigned to 1.0 and the "wing version"
that is bent all the way down would be assinged to -1.0, thus representing the
extremes of the range of motion.  For more complex flapping, you could have
multiple "sets" of wings and each could be assigned to interpolation points
within the full range.

It might be worth looking at the plib code and seeing how this approach could
be applied in OSG.

Best,

Jim

--