On 12/4/06, 唐勇 wrote:

 Hi,the Flight Gear can be drived by Keyboard,Mouse,Joystick etc.But my
question is that how can I drive the Flight Gear by my ATC radar data.Myradar
data contains the flight position(lon,lat,alt) and
oritation(pitch,roll,heading).I want to know how to input these data to the
Flight Gear,and make  many airplanes fly automatically.
Thank u very much!!!

I have done some work capturing IMU/GPS data from a live UAV and playing it
live (or replaying it later) in FlightGear ... optionally with the
multiplayer features turned on so we can track the uav in google maps/earth.

There are a variety of ways you could pull this off, but here is one
suggestion.

I have written/adapted a couple utilities that can load a saved data file or
read the data in live from a serial port and then pass it along to
FlightGear.  This code lives in the FlightGear CVS repository under
.../source/utils/GPSsmooth/  (the naming of this directory doesn't exhibit a
lot of forethought, but that's what it is right now.)

If you wanted to use this option, you would mostly likely have to adapt the
MIDGsmooth or UGsmooth application to parse your own data format, but
everything else should pretty much be the same.

If nothing else you can explore this directory to get a few ideas.

You could probably reformat the data so it could be loaded and replayed by
flightgear directly, but I haven't fiddled with that end of flightgear in a
*long* time so someone else might be able to offer more current advice for
doing that.

Regards,

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson - University of Minnesota - FlightGear Project
http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/  http://www.humanfirst.umn.edu/