I just committed some changes. Among other things, one can now also
open the tutorial marker adjustment dialog by typing tutorial.dialog()
in the Help->Nasal-Console, so people don't have to bother defining
key bindings. It's not such an often used feature.

* Stuart Buchanan -- Tuesday 20 March 2007:
> One scenario I thought might be quite fun to put together would be a
> helicopter Search and Rescue.

Yes, I thought of that, too. Missions where the copilot directs one
to the car accident etc. ("Follow the street ... Ten miles ... Ohh ...
that doesn't look good ..."  :-)

> 1) A "distance-to" function, [...]

Should be easy. The Nasal code for that is already in ufo.nas. Just
need to factor that out in a separate library.

> 2) The ability to define objects in the scenery within a tutorial, e.g.
> adding a downed aircraft/missing walker

That's already possible. I implemented that for the ufo scenery object
editor. And the bo105 placed "Memorial Cows" at crash locations, but
this service wasn't well received ...   ;-)  Just need to add a small
function.

> 3)The ability to trigger "select" animations on objects. This is possible
> indirectly by writing to a property, but isn't ideal.

Well, properties are really the only way to communicate with animations,
and that's not a bad thing. You can now embed Nasal in tutorials, so
there's nothing stopping you from launching an "interpolate()" etc.

> before I got as far as recompiling FG with the latest CVS :)

There were no changes in C++. You just need to update data/cvs (which
works for both branches -- with the sad exception of some traffic
stuff, which we should really migrate. There's really no point in
having two branches with this being the only difference.

m.