Hi,

Gene Buckle wrote:
>>> Martin, the 300ms figure is really only applicable to a Level A simulator
>>> which is basically equivalent to a cockpit procedures trainer with no
>>> visuals.
>> Ok - that one makes sense. On the other hand, any type of 'tricky' VFR
>> flight with 300 ms delay, I'd expect even with 150 ms would ruin every
>> pilot's nerves ....  :-)
>>
> 150ms is the maximum allowed for a Level D certification.  I don't know of
> any that were that slow.  Even the Conductron-Missouri 737-200 simulator I

Hm, this sounds to me as if these _maximum_ numbers are already
unreasonably high and therefore obviously not a good reference for
discussing response times _acceptable to users_, are they?

Currently, due to problems which might be related to an OSG update,
FlightGear is running on my system with 10fps in some areas, where I
used to get 25fps and more, and I would say that this is essentially
unbearable. So I'd be saying that we should be talking about a maximum
delay which is well below 100ms.

I won't enter this discussion, but just let me state for the record that
I'm clearly in favor of keeping the FDM with the client.

Cheers,
Ralf