FFMepg is a complete solution for MPEG encoding/decoding and works for both,
Linux, Windows and maybe other posix systems like OpenBSD, FreeBSD and other
BSD like.

I've done some works with ffmpeg for another client and works fine.

Leidson
PlanetaMessenger.org - Java Universal Messenger

On 5/23/07, GWMobile <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Are all of these streaming programs just linux or also windows?

On Wed, 23 May 2007 11:38 am, Jon Stockill wrote:
> Antonio Almeida wrote:
>>  Thanks, I'll check out the latest CVS version as soon as I get around
>>  implementing.
>>
>>  Your experience is very similar to what I was looking for! If it is as
>>  fast as you mention then it will surely be enough to simulate a
>>  streaming video, from the viewer's perspective.
>>
>>  I believe jpg-httpd will be enough for my purposes, however a standard
>>  streaming video would still be nicer. If FlightGear is able to
>> generate
>>  those jpgs, then it may be possible to encode them to a video in
>>  real-time, using third party tools, and stream it. Perhaps I could
>>  contribute with such a feature (not in the near future, I'm afraid).
>
> FFMPEG may be useful in converting and streaming the jpegs.
>
> Jon

www.GlobalBoiling.com for daily images about hurricanes, globalwarming
and the melting poles.

www.ElectricQuakes.com daily solar and earthquake images.