Hi Hans, Georg,

--- Hans Fugal wrote:
> Hi Stuart,
> On 8/8/07, Stuart Buchanan wrote:
> > I'd be very grateful if you could help me diagnose the problem, as I
> did quite a lot of testing, but didn't encounter this myself.
>
> Happy to help.
>
> > One possibility is that my interpolation is "fighting" with something
> else trying to write to the weather properties.

Thanks very much for the log files from you both. From what I can see, the
interpolation itself looks fine, except that that it is continually
writing the final wind values. I think there must be something fighting
the interpolation, possibly to add some variation. However, as it isn't
writing to the property itself (otherwise we'd see the other value being
written), I wonder if it is the function that is tied to the "get" of the
property?

Re-reading the code, I think continual writing of the wind values might
represent a small bug in that the inteprolation code doesn't first check
if the wind is already correct, but I wouldn't expect that to result in
any osscillations.

Hans's log showed the wind varying (27012KT 240V310), which I initially
thought might be related, but Georg's log doesn't show this, so I think
that is probably a red herring.

I will investigate further myself. Unfortunately I am away from my FG
computer at the moment, so I may not manage to look at it in more detail
until the weekend.

Thanks

-Stuart