I was finally able to compile & install osg flightgear on an
amd64 Fedora 7 installation.  It was only moderately painful,
and if anyone cares I'll share the instructions.

However, Atlas does not build.  It complains about this:

  ./autogen.sh
  ./configure --with-simgear=/usr/local/FlightGearOSG
--with-fgbase=/usr/local/FlightGearOSG
  make
/usr/local//lib/libsgtiming.a(timezone.o): In function `SGTimeZoneContainer':
/home/wendell/flightgear/osg/simgear/simgear/timing/timezone.cxx:133: undefined
reference to +`sg_exception::sg_exception(std::basic_string<char,
std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, +std::basic_string<char,
std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'

Any suggestions?  Is Atlas + fgfs_osg a valid combination, or do
I need to build the plib version of fgfs to make Atlas compile?

Thanks,

Wendell