Hi all,

I prepared a patch to enable unit testing in FlightGear development. The used
framework is UnitTest++ (http://unittest-cpp.sourceforge.net/) which is
included in the patch. The whole is completely separate from any FG code,
though sitting in src/Tests. testAirportsGroundnet.cxx is the beginning of
unit tests for the ground network code and shall serve as test examples.

Those using git might also clone the whole repository. The branch 'testing'
contains some test driven development of a simplified interface for TaxiNodes
and TaxiSegments (unfinished yet) and might also serve as an example
containing more complex tests.

Patch against CVS HEAD (complete unittest++ branch, 170kB):
http://document.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/ftp/FlightGear/Misc_thf/unittest.patch

Git repo (~10MB):
http://document.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/ftp/FlightGear/Misc_thf/FlightGear.git

To add further tests just write your test code and link it into fgunit, the
test runner 'fgunit' collects all of them automatically. Running the tests is
simply a matter of running src/Tests/fgunit

The integration with automake as well as the test runner might be improved
still. Consider this a prototype. The code is untested on non-Linux
platforms, so I'd appreciate any volunteers... :-)

Thomas
--
PhD Student, Dept. Animal Physiology, HU Berlin
Tel +49 30 2093 6173, Fax +49 30 2093 6375