On Wednesday 24 October 2007 19:15, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> * leee -- Wednesday 24 October 2007:
> > the A/P controllers and filters, which were the real problem, are
> > independent of Nasal and would remain a problem until they could
> > guarantee a fixed rate regardless of the frame rate.
>
> The FDM doesn't run at a fixed rate, either, AFAIK. Yes, it runs
> 120 times per second (if so configured), but it runs all iterations
> for a frame one after the other, then waits until the next frame.
>
> m.

Hmm... I always thought that it ran asynchronously from the rest of FG,
at a steady rate.  Surely this can't be a good thing?

It really seems to me that the only subsystem in FG where variable
timing won't cause a problem is the display, where it doesn't matter if
you're seeing 25 fps or 60 fps, or anything in between.

Heh - I am not a flight simulator scientist though ;)

LeeE