On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Markus Zojer wrote:

> Very nice! I am waiting for the mp-nimitz badly ;-)

If you are open to experimental stuff you can already try out one approach
for making a MP-Nimitz:

http://www.gidenstam.org/FlightGear/misc/Carrier_over_MP/

It will not achieve perfect synchronization across the different
participant's views of the MP-Nimitz but something half way there - and
you will (mostly) only notice the discrepancies when observing people
staying on the flight deck for some time.

Note also that I have not tried this code in a month now, so I'm not
completely sure that it hasn't suffered bit rot in the meanwhile. :)

> Just one idea: is it possible to add some knots of headwind to the scene
> while overwriting the current metar info, I think that would add some
> realism to the scene.

If you are not using --enable-real-weather-fetch you should be able to set
the weather to your liking. (I'm not sure if real weather fetch can be
disabled from within a running FlightGear - at least some time ago it
could not.)

Cheers,

Anders