AnMaster wrote:
> gerard robin wrote:
> > On mer 21 novembre 2007, Vivian Meazza wrote:
> >> Stuart

<snip>

> >> As an ergonomic issue here - I would prefer not to try to
> juggle

 with mouse
> >> and joystick to either engage the launchbar or fire the catapult
> -

 the
> >> keyboard is a better option. I know there are some who can
> manage

 that, but
> >> I'm not one of them.
> >>
> >> Otherwise, this is all good stuff, and as the co-author of
> the

 original
> >> carrier stuff would be very willing to add the final version to cvs.
> >>
> >> Only temporarily, mind. We have been talking about doing the
> carrier

 (and
> >> other ai objects) over mp for years now. Perhaps some time soon ...
> >>

> >> Vivian
> >>

> > Hello Stuart,
> >
> > I fully agree with Vivian , about the launchbar and catapult,
> >  would you accept to UP or DOWN the landing gear with the menu ? ,
> > to me it is the same ergonomic requirement.
> >
> > Which explain my previous reaction regarding the
> keyboard

 modification test
> > (thanks to David Megginson, who came back to the previous
> old

 keyboard
> > configuration)
> >
> > Regards
> >
> I agree with Vivan and GĂ©rard in this question. Using menu is
> not

 realistic when
> you fly with mouse: You can't control the aircraft at the same time
> as

 you are
> in the menu. I guess that with joystick it is possible to use mouse
> in

 menu and
> fly with joystick at same time but for a lot of people that don't
> have

 joysticks
> it would just not work.

Hi All,

I should have been clearer when I talked about adding buttons for the catapult
function. I am _not _ suggesting removing the catapult commands from the
keyboard, but adding the commands to the carrier dialog as well.

I think that it might be worthwhile providing buttons on the dialog in
additional to the keyboard bindings as completely new users might expect to
find these controls on the same dialog as the other carrier controls
(elevators, turning into wind).

We already do this for the generic autopilot, where there are both keyboard
bindings and a dialog box.

My apologies for being the source of the confusion.

-Stuart