Durk Talsma wrote:
> On Thursday 22 November 2007 07:36, Durk Talsma wrote:
>
>> This is a quick note to everybody: I'm planning to build an "official"
>> FlightGear pre-release tonight. I did a full dress rehearsal last sunday
>> and that all seemed to work well, but I still needed Curt's okay for a few
>> remaining issues. In the mean time, if there are any *urgent* patches
>> remaining please try to get them into CVS ASAP.

I hope Jon Berndt will submit patches to the fgfs JSBSim code that
1.  Turns off JSBSim modeling of turbulence that plays havoc with the
default c172p, and
2.  Removes the redundant "sense" from FGPropellers.cpp.
Jon, you indicated #2 should be done.  how hard is porting #1 from
JSBSim cvs?

> Another question: we always have a limited number of aircraft that are in the
> distribution, with the rest being available as separate downloads. We like to
> keep the number of aircraft constant, and representative of the many types of
> aircraft supported by FlightGear. Is there any pressing reason to swap one
> aircraft for another one? IIRC, there have been some suggestions of replacing
> the 737 by the 787. FWIW, we currently have the following selection of
> aircraft (Taken from Makefile.am):
>
>               data/Aircraft/Generic \
>                 data/Aircraft/Instruments \
>                 data/Aircraft/Instruments-3d \
>                 data/Aircraft/UIUC \
>                 data/Aircraft/737-300 \
>                 data/Aircraft/A-10 \
>                 data/Aircraft/bf109 \
>                 data/Aircraft/bo105 \
>                 data/Aircraft/c172 \
>                 data/Aircraft/c172p \

IMHO we should not include the two c310 and replace them with
1.  SenecaII (great twin with lots of documentation)
2.  de Havilland Beaver - Floats (shows the on-water progress this
release and a great bush AC)
This exchange leaves a modern light twin and adds the on-water and bush
categories to fgfs.

>                 data/Aircraft/c310 \
>                 data/Aircraft/c310u3a \
>                 data/Aircraft/Citation-Bravo \