On Monday 18 February 2008 16:36, ricardo freitasfilho wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2008 11:59 AM, LeeE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Friday 15 February 2008 16:36, ricardo freitasfilho wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I'm doing some simulations of a airship using the aerosim
> > > blockset and the flightgear. It is usefull if there is a may
> > > to get the information of the scenery buildings so we can
> > > avoid these building in the simulation. I was reading one of
> > > your answers and I got interested in how can I send these
> > > information to the blockset. Can you help me with that?
> >
> > I found, while working on a terrain following/avoidance system
> > for some of the aircraft I've done, that the Nasal
> > geo.elevation(<lat>, <lon>) function will return the height of
> > buildings or other structures e.g. bridges located at that
> > <lat>,<lon>.
> >
> > There are not any in-built FG scanning schemes/mechanisms
> > though, so you'll have to design and implement one in Nasal to
> > fit your needs.
> >
> > Have a look at the cvs BAC-TSR2 TFA nasal stuff to see the
> > simple look-ahead scanning schemes I've done.  Both of the
> > schemes I've used just perform a single track look-ahead scan,
> > compensated for yaw but not for turning flight (yet).
> >
> > LeeE
>
> The nasal archive wish you are saying in the BAC-TSR2-tfa right?
> I don't realy know how to do a nasal archive but I'm going to
> study that. How whould I be able to send that information for
> Matlab? Can you help me with that? I only have 1 week to get that
> done.

Yup - it's in the cvs versions of the B-52F, BAC-TSR2 & SU-37.  The
BAC-TSR2 is the best 'tuned' though - it's pretty accurate down to
100ft and will handle rolling terrain at 50ft.  The B-52F & SU-37
aren't as highly tuned and are better off at >= 100ft.  This is
down to controller tuning issues though and not the principles.

I'm a bit short of time right now but start by grepping through the
BAC-TSR2 folder for 'tfa' to get an idea where it's referenced and
identify the necessary files.  Actually, the SU-37 might be easier
to follow as it was a quick addition and I think I merged a couple
of the relevant Nasal files.  The BAC-TSR2 includes a couple of 2D
diagnostic instruments to help TFA monitoring.

If you can't figure it out from that, get back to me and I'll pick
out the specific bits you need to add.

LeeE