--- On Wed, 9/4/08, Durk Talsma wrote:
> I do forsee that adding loads of AI aircraft could add to
> the size of the
> release version of the base package.  That being the case,
> we could consider
> spawning off a separately downloadable, optional AI
> aircraft package
> (including not only aircraft, but also traffic files, etc
> etc).

Without wanting to put words into his mouth, I assume that is Melchior's (and
others) main concern, rather than the size of our CVS repository itself.
Frankly, if we are worried about the size of the repository, we need to create
a repository for new aircraft. But that is a different discussion...

A separate AI download is a nice idea, but I think it has some issues itself:
- It would increase the user workload, and realistically the support workload
on here and the forums. I've found that user's rarely read our manual, wiki or
FAQ before posting questions.
- We (well, probably you Durk!) would have an extra package to manage during
the release cycle.
- We'd have to document installing it, which is quite a bit harder than you'd
expect when dealing with MacOS and people who exclusively use the wizard.

-Stuart