-- On Wed, 9/4/08, AJ MacLeod  wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 April 2008 16:20:05 Stuart Buchanan wrote:
> > How about the following
> >
> > - Maximum size 250KB.
> > - All textures converted to PNG and scaled to 1/4 size
> in both dimensions.
> >
> > Does that seem reasonable?
>
> I think we have two slightly differing concepts of what the
> MP/AI aircraft are
> all about.  In my view, they are a nice way of providing
> (at minimal effort
> to modellers) versions of each aircraft which are visually
> complete from
> external views while being very significantly quicker to
> load than their full
> counterparts (the vast majority of textures, animations and
> polys are
> generally found in the cockpits of most of our more
> complete models.)

Well, this was my original idea behind creating them by chopping out the bits
that weren't required. My assumption was that the cost of making these
available to all users was sufficiently low to make it a no-brainer. That
assumption appears to be false.

> I don't, however, see any harm in someone providing an
> optional "MP aircraft
> pack" download that provides what Stuart would like to
> achieve, for those who
> want it...

That would suggest simply providing AI/Aircraft as a separate download.

-Stuart