Hi Curt!

Curtis Olson wrote:
> Fair enough ... maybe my memories have improved with age, but I don't recall
> having this much trouble with failed tiles when I did the scenery builds.
> There would always be a handful of them ... maybe a dozen or two over the
> entire surface of the earth.  If that's about what we have now, then I guess
> it's not that big of a deal.  We could always insert replacement tiles that
> were successfully built in past runs if they are blowing up now.

Well, our point essentially is making TerraGear robust for fully
automated rebuild. Failing tiles are no option there, and I still have
the hope to get a clean solution there.

However, I have reverted the calc_point_inside()-changes locally and a
rebuild is currently running. I hope that the set of tiles failing and
the set of tiles having visual bugs (as in the 1.0.0 scenery) is
disjunct, so that we can actually do these replacements without
introducing ridges at tile borders (which would be trading one visual
bug for another, although less bad).

We will see how much trouble will come up.

Cheers,
Ralf