--- On Thu, 25/9/08, Syd wrote:
>  I 've been pondering an idea of adding
> updraft/downdrafts to the
> environment, probably as a part of turbulence , so it can
> be
> enabled/disabled...
> My idea is to calculate wind-speed-from -down , by checking
> wind speed ,
> direction , and the normal of the
> scenery triangle directly beneath the aircraft , sampling
> every second
> or so.Also with a scenery material  and time of day check
> for updrafts
> over flat country .
> Ive tried to find a starting point in the code , but get
> more
> discouraged as I get lost in it.

Hi Syd,

I tried doing this a couple of years ago. As I recall, I was able to get the
normal informaton from the scenery triangle fairly easily, and calculate the
up/down draft. The problem came when I tried to have the affect the aircraft.

Unfortunately I can't remember where I inserted the normal calculation code.

Sorry I can't be of more help - but at least you know that part of your
solution is possible ;)

-Stuart