* Martin Spott -- Friday 03 October 2008:
> Maintaining this branch for such a long time, including the pile of
> work that had been spent to get the 1.0 release out, has been the
> biggest distraction and waste of developer resources since I'm
> monitoring this project

Yeah, emphasis more on monitoring than contributing! Can you stop
spreading this garbage? You already wrote about this myth on the
OSG mailing list -- the perfect place to wash fgfs "dirty" clothes.
This certainly helps us a lot.

The truth is: *I* maintained the PLIB branch, and I was pretty
much alone, with almost no help. Only very few (Andy, Curt?)
committed to both, while all others basically ignored it. And
I maintained it because fg/osg was in a bad shape while a
release was already long overdue. I just saw it coming and did
this extra work, committing my contributions to both branches
porting plib stuff forward, and fg/osg stuff backward. That
fg/osg didn't progress much in that time has nothing to do
with that branch. But it was there when we got worried about
the little progress in fg/osg. Otherwise we would probably
still not have released, and fg/osg wouldn't look any better.

And in all the time you didn't work on *either* branch, so
stop whining and spreading lies, please. This makes me sick!

m.