Hi Michael!

Michael Smith wrote:
> I have my lon/lat for  Bermuda (N32W065 - N33W064).
[SNIP]

> genapts --input=data/airports/apt.dat --work=./work --min-lon=32
> --max-lon=33 --min-lat=-65 --max-lat=-64

Here you should swap lat and lon. Your latitude is 32 (32 deg north) and
your longitude is -64 (64 deg west).

> ran fgfs-construct --work-dir=./work --output-dir=./output --lon=32
> --lat=65 --xdist=1 --ydist=1 \ AirportArea DepthContour Landmass Road
> Sand SRTM-30 Town

Similar problem here. Note that the position given by --lon/--lat is
actually the center of the area being built and --xdist/--ydist are the
half-width/height of the area in degrees. So --lon=-64 --lat=32
--xdist=1 --ydist=1 would build the area with southwest corner N31W065
and northeast corner N33W063.

DepthContour is not needed, by the way. It's just a different
representation of the SRTM dataset for use in the mapserver display, but
currently TerraGear cannot make any use of that.

Make sure that you include all the subdirectories of your workdir when
calling fgfs-construct.

Note that even though that tutorial in the wiki (which I am not the
author of) uses SRTM-30 as a target directory for the SRTM data, it
seems that SRTM 3arcsec data is actually used. That's not a bad thing at
all, but worth noting. SRTM 30arcsec data is only relevant north resp.
south of the respective polar circles, as no SRTM 3arcsec data is
available in that area.

Hope that helps,
Ralf