* Erik Hofman -- Friday 24 October 2008:
> the remaining problem might be hardware accelerated 3d
> audio support from the Creative drivers. If that version
> fails, then what?

Ugh ... no idea about that. Wouldn't implementations like
openal-soft care for that as well? (Not that I've found any
hint pointing in that direcdtion.) And if not, ignoring
that sounds better to me than working around a broken
vendor-specific implementation.

m.