Hi All,

After a lot of effort, and help from Tim, I've finally got some 3D shader-based
clouds that work acceptably:

http://www.nanjika.co.uk/flightgear/clouds.jpg

A patch is available from here: http:/www.nanjika.co.uk/flightgear/clouds.tar.gz

I've put quite a bit of effort into making the clouds as configurable as
possible. The cloudlayers.xml file should allow any cloud-artists to create
much prettier clouds than I have managed.

There are quite a few bugs to be ironed out:-
1) The cloud grid should shift when the camera moves out of range, to simulate
and infinite set of clouds. This doesn't work very well ATM.
2) Currently the only well-defined clouds are cu's (used in the Fair Weather
scenario). Better clouds need to be defined for all the other types. This
should be possible with some new textures and editing of cloudlayer.xml
3) The alpha-blending isn't working properly
4) Rolling the camera while pointing vertically down on the cloud causes
rotation of the texture.
5) The clouds are bit too transparent at medium distances.

Nevertheless, I think it would be worth committing the code with these bugs
present, if only so other people can have a look and comment. :)

Thanks to Tim and also Heiko who provided some nice cloud textures.

-Stuart