Ron Jensen wrote:

> I could never see the clouds with --enable-real-weather-fetch set

There's an interaction between the real weather fetch code and the 3D cloud that
I'm still working out. I think the root problem is that the 3D clouds are
bolted onto
the side of the 2D ones, and don't always get updated in sync.

> > > Until I  3. enabled "Environment => Weather scenerio" from "none" to
> > > "METAR".  Does also work if I enable "Thunderstorm" or "fair weather".
> > >
> > > As I don't know how Stuart intended it to work I only know that step 3
> > > is absolute necessary.
>
> Once I perform step 3 (without --enable-real-weather-fetch set) I see an
> extreme drop in frame rate, from around 70 fps to  under 20 fps.

That's bad. What happens if you disable the 3D clouds after this point?

> Also, I started at KSFO and flew the UFO to Ogden, UT.  (Lat 41.1, Long
> -111.1) somewhere along the trip, the 3d clouds disappeared, although
> frame rates stayed very low.

That's one of the bugs. The 3D layer is repeated in a 3x3 grid, and there is
code to designed to handle when you move out of the middle layer, shifting
the grid across.

-Stuart