Hi,

I would like to know who to work with to push for some improvements to
the statistics overlay.

My two issues are
  1) It appears as if environment loading is added to 'draw' statistic.
  2) There are blank periods in the graph that doesn't get attributed
to event, update, cull or draw..

For 2), if someone says that it isn't a problem, I am fine with that.

For 1), I am dreading the comment that the measure is from
flightgear's call into, and return from osg. Meaning that it is the
'osg' draw that does some black voodoo that both a driver and
flightgear have no control over.

Some of you may be aware that I am tuning for multiple asics.  What I
am seeing is there seems to be consistent render times of 6-10 ms per
card for the flight data I am replaying.  The fg cull operation is
nicely parallelized (although I need to confirm timings), but the
draws, although parallelized, seem to take an O(n) time to complete
(meaning 4 GPUs results in 40 ms for each of the draws that take 10 ms
if done serially).

If I can get closer to understanding the 'gl' cost of the draw vs the
osg cost of the draw, that would allow me to get optimizations in
faster.

Any brave soul, willing to work with me?  (Tim/Csaba?)

Regards... Matthew

--
Sent from my mobile device