> Hello Jon
>
> I do not confuse both,
>               -First an accurate development within the FDM itself, and
> here, you know better than i do, what must/could be done.
>
>               -Second an external simple information which is given by FG
> => the terrain which is under, solid or water.
>
> That information which is  simple, will be mainly usefull for AI model
> which do not use any FDM, or useful to build some specific animation like
> rescue operation that i referred to.
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Gérard
> http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

Well, that would require JSBSim to maintain a database for the physical
properties (friction, etc.) of the terrain underneath the aircraft. I don't
consider that to be something that the FDM should account for. That sounds
like something that is in the domain of FlightGear or SimGear. However,
JSBSim can expose via properties the friction coefficients that could be
changed to reflect the type of terrain. For modeling landing on water OR
land, that might be a little bit harder to model.

Jon